Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sneak Peak: Paper Mache Candleholders

    Since I'm all about the paper mache these days, I started thinking of other objects I could paper mache around the house. Be forewarned: paper mache can become addicting! I decided I would love to have some paper mache candleholders. Luckily, I had just the ones!
            I decided from the beginning that I would not paper mache the inside rim of the candleholder, but leave it as is in order to prevent any burning, etc. Since I'm really into paper mache this summer, I've been storing the mix ready to go in a mason jar. I also keep the book I used from the paper mache lamp I wrote about in my craft cabinet so I can use it for other projects.
          The candleholder needs one more round of paper mache, but I  couldn't resist sharing a sneak peak with you all for what's to come! Stay tuned, it will be showing up in my Etsy shop, Thrifty Vintage Girl soon!
          
              This was a project my husband and I enjoyed working on, and I am already looking forward to the next round of candleholders. Stay tuned for the finished project!!! Hopefully this inspires you to be creative and to resist the urge to splurge on something just to save yourself the time.                 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment