Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lampshade Makeover

A few months back, I picked up a fabulous vintage glass lamp from Italy at an estate sale for $10.00. The only catch was its black lamp shade. Nothing in my house is black, so I decided I was going to have to purchase a new lampshade or revamp the black shade. I decided to tackle the burlap garland and re-cover the shade in burlap.
     The before pictures:

                   


At first I tried wrapping the burlap garland completely around the shade. However, I thought this looked like a fire hazard based on how close the burlap was to the light bulb. So, I took off the burlap (a slightly messy ordeal) and grabbed my favorite fabric glue and scissors.

      The entire process took close to an hour. As I've mentioned before, burlap and I have a love/hate relationship. So far, the fabric glue is holding onto the shade pretty well!

    
I'm pretty happy with the final results and it's a nice compliment to my paper mache and burlap lamp that sits on my desk!
  Hope you've had a wonderful and productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment